Tammy is a partner at Blaney McMurtry with a practice focused on all aspects of mixed use and condominium development and construction contract law. Tammy serves a broad range of clients, from land owners, developers, landlords, and sureties to institutional and private lenders.
Tammy moved her development practice to join the ACES and Real Estate Groups of Blaney McMurtry LLP in February 2010, to more fully meet the legal development and construction needs of her clients.
Prior to private practice, Tammy acted as legal counsel to the Ministry of Government Services (formerly Ministry of Consumer and Business Services) providing legal advice to land registry offices across Ontario as well as to the Ministry’s various program areas. While at the Ministry, Tammy was appointed Deputy Director of Titles to adjudicate disputes between land owners as well as applications for compensation from the Land Titles Assurance Fund. Tammy also played an integral role in soliciting and reviewing stakeholder comments, drafting legislation and briefing the Minister’s office on the Condominium Act, 1998 and its Regulations.
Prior to being called to the Ontario Bar, Tammy owned and operated a successful land development consulting and project management business assisting many developers across Ontario in achieving their development and construction objectives.
With over 25 years in the industry, Tammy delivers a solid and practical, business-oriented, legal foundation for her clients through all stages of development, from conception to operational matters.
Tammy is often quoted in the press and presents regularly on matters of importance to the development industry, keeping her clients abreast of current trends, important court decisions and legal development requirements.
- "Regulating Condo Property Managers: It is time for better consumer protection", CondoBusiness Magazine, October 2011
- "Should Ontario’s Condominium Act be Revised?", CondoBusiness online magazine, September 7, 2011
- "Mandating a Healthy Built Environment?", with Marc Kemerer, Blaneys on Building, December 2010
- "New Year, New Provincial Policies", with Marc Kemerer, originally published in Ontario Real Estate Law Developments, December 2010 and reprinted in Blaneys on Building, December 2010
- "Updates on City of Toronto Planning Initiatives", with Marc Kemerer, Blaneys on Building, September 2010
- "City of Toronto Proposed New Zoning By-Law", with Marc Kemerer, originally published in Blaneys on Building, June 2010 and reprinted in Ontario Real Estate Law Developments, July 2010
- "More on City of Toronto New Zoning By-law and Other Development Initiatives", with Marc Kemerer, originally published in Blaneys on Building, June 2010 and reprinted in Ontario Real Estate Law Developments, July 2010
- "Industry is Raising the Profile of Women", The Toronto Star, 2012
- "CAWIC Donates $2,000 to New Canadian Military Employment Transition Program", Daily Commercial News, December 17, 2012
- "Women's Work", OHS Canada Magazine, October/November 2011 issue
- "Breaking the glass ceiling: Mentoring Program Helps Women Pursuing a Career in Construction Trades Break Through", The Toronto Star, January 22, 2011
- "BILD Announces Partnership with CAWIC", Toronto Builder magazine, Winter 2010
- "BILD Announces Partnership with CAWIC", York Region’s New Home Buyer’s Guide, West Edition, October 21, 2010
- "BILD Announces Partnership with CAWIC", Canadian Business Online, September 28, 2010
- "Canadian Association of Women in Construction partners with BILD", Daily Commercial News, September 28, 2010
- "Women in Canadian Construction", LowesForPros, 2010
- "There Are Solutions Short of Foreclosure", Globe and Mail, April 3, 2009