The lawyers in our real estate group have a depth of experience equal to any firm in Toronto. We have been through the ups and downs of the 1980’s and 90’s and know that today’s real estate developers and lenders are looking for efficient, knowledgeable legal expertise. From electronic title searching, to title insurance, to acting for REITs, we are on the leading edge of real estate practice.
We act for individuals, large real estate corporations, small and large residential developers and home builders, condominium developers, nursing and retirement home operators, banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions - we work with them to make real estate transactions happen.
We provide assistance on a wide variety of matters, including:
- Acting on behalf of lenders with respect to every kind of real estate financing, including acquisition, construction and permanent financing
- Mortgage remedy work, including power of sale, foreclosure and receivership
- acquisition of residential land, the development and subdivision of land and the building and sale of homes
- Development of residential and commercial (including office, retail and industrial) condominiums
- Conversion of commercial properties to residential condominiums
- Negotiation of real estate-related agreements, including agreements of purchase and sale, joint venture agreements, cost sharing agreements, management agreements and development agreements
- Assisting litigation counsel in assessing solicitor’s negligence in real estate matters
- Acquisition for foreign investors of interests in single or multi stage development projects involving shopping centers, officers towers and mixed use properties, including joint venture financing and management documentation
- Creation of mixed use projects involving combined residential and retail condominiums and freehold commercial/office tower components
- Purchase and sale of hotels, resorts, nursing and retirement homes and other specialty properties
- Commercial lease arrangements, including preparation, review, and negotiation of offers to lease, lease documents, renewals and amendments, and the use of leases as financing tools in “sale/leaseback” and ground lease transactions.