Plan well. Live well. Leave an Organized Estate. This is the vision Blair has carried through her 20+ years as a trust and estate lawyer. Blair believes that comprehensive estate planning provides value to clients, their families and businesses, by helping to minimize risk as well as unnecessary cost and conflict. The result is peace of mind for everyone so attention can be focussed on what matters most.
The illness or loss of a loved one can be a stressful time. Clients come to Blair for advice and services with respect to their executor, trustee or power of attorney roles that is practical, sensitive and tailored to their needs.
Blair’s trust and estate practice includes a wide range of advice and services related to:
- Wills (single, multiple, mutual)
- Trusts (inter vivos, testamentary, Henson, QDT, spousal/joint partner, alter ego, charitable, cottage, insurance)
- Estate and business succession planning
- Charitable gift planning and establishment of private foundations
- Powers of attorney for property and care
- Disability and advance care planning
- Probate and estate administration
- Trust and power of attorney administration
- Guardianship applications (adult and minors)
- Facilitation of multi-party estate and business succession planning meetings
- Multi-jurisdictional trust and estate matters
Committed to helping people resolve Will, trust and estate disputes in an efficient and cost-effective manner, Blair also offers mediation services as part of her practice.