Suzanne Bailey is an experienced business immigration lawyer working with Blaney McMurtry LLP for the past 30 years.
Suzanne’s business immigration practice focuses primarily on obtaining work permits for temporary foreign workers and permanent resident visas under federal and provincial nominee programs.
Suzanne has an active global corporate immigration practice. She provides services in many diverse areas, including:
- intra-company transfer work permits
- NAFTA Professional work permits
- Reciprocal Employment Benefits work permits
- Significant Benefit to Canada work permits
- Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) applications (both temporary and permanent)
- Temporary Resident Visas (TRV’s)
- Study Permits
- sponsorship applications
- Express Entry (FSW, CEC and FSTW) applications
- Provincial Nominee applications
- Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) applications
- Rehabilitation applications (to overcome criminal inadmissibility)
Suzanne understands the immigration process is a very personal one for clients and at times, can be intimidating, confusing or even overwhelming. Suzanne deeply cares about her clients and is committed to streamlining and making the overall immigration process as easy as possible.
Suzanne keeps clients informed and updated about immigration program changes (that occur frequently) and provides extremely professional and knowledgeable representation.
Suzanne is an Executive Member of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada section of the Ontario Bar Association, as well as Chair of the Service Canada (Ontario) Sub-committee. As Chair, Suzanne and the Sub-committee members meet regularly with senior government managers and officers to discuss various substantive legal and processing issues and problems. Suzanne is also a regular speaker on Immigration Business Law programs to the Ontario Bar Association and Continuing Education Legal Seminars.
In addition to her immigration practice, Suzanne also oversees defence insurance litigation, occupiers’ liability and general negligence cases. She has also defended false arrest and defamation actions. Suzanne has further advised risk teams of businesses on how to prevent insurance claims involving safety, security and personal injury issues.