Call to the Bar
- Called to the Bar of Ontario, 2011
- J.D., University of Windsor
- B.A., York University
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Ontario)
- Member, Armenian Bar Association
- Member, Young Construction Executives' Club
- Member, The Advocates' Society
Varoujan is an associate in Blaney McMurtry’s Commercial Litigation Group, and is also a member of the Architectural, Construction and Engineering Services (ACES) Group. Varoujan has broad experience in commercial litigation, with an emphasis on fraud, shareholders’ disputes, oppression claims, leasing and property disputes and creditor/debtor actions. Varoujan also has experience in construction law, including construction liens and deficiency claims, and insurance defence litigation including occupier’s liability and professional negligence claims against architects, contractors, engineers and lawyers.
Varoujan appears regularly before the Superior Court of Justice in Toronto and various surrounding jurisdictions. Varoujan has also appeared at the appellate level before the Divisional Court for Ontario and has drafted written submissions for the Ontario Court of Appeal. Varoujan has been published in several leading legal journals, including multiple publications in the Advocates Quarterly and the Oxford Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice.
- Arman, Varoujan, Crowne, Emir, and Santelli, Fiorina, “Veiled Prejudice - Caught in the Cross-Examination: The Niqab and Witness Testimony”, Advocates Quarterly (2012) 40:1 Adv. Q. pgs. 121-128
- Arman, Varoujan and Crowne, Emir, and Reid, Terry “ ‘Fully Appreciating’ the Ontario Court of Appeal’s Views on the Summary Judgment Rule: Combined Air Mechanical Services Inc. v. Flesch”, Advocates Quarterly (2012), 39:3 Adv. Q. pgs. 397-407
- Arman, Varoujan, “Claims Against a Non-Party in Lien Actions" Nuts and Bolts, Ontario Bar Association, vol. 25, no. 2, Feb 2012
- Arman, Varoujan and Greenbloom, Todd "New law that limits sales tactics scheduled to take effect soon" 6 June 2011
- Arman, Varoujan and Chernys, Jacqueline, "Supreme Court decides trademark dispute: what it means for your business" 9 Nov 2010
- Arman, Varoujan and Crowne, Emir Aly "Copy-right-brain v Left-brain: the Use of Musicologists in Canadian Copyright Infringement Cases" (2011) 6:9 JIPLP
- Arman, Varoujan and Crowne, Emir Aly, and Reid, Terry "Living Alavida Loca: A Masterpiece of a Decision" online, 27 Jul 2011
- Arman, Varoujan and Crowne, Emir Aly, "Scope of the Patented Medicine Prices Review Boards Authority" (2011) 6:7 JIPLP
- Arman, Varoujan and Crowne, Emir Aly, "Business Methods Patentable in Canada According to Federal Court" (2011) 6:2 JIPLP
This page contains some content that requires additional software to view. To view PDF documents provided on this site you will need a PDF viewer such as Acrobat Reader from Adobe. You can Download Adobe Reader from Adobe for free.