Call to the Bar
Called to the Bar of Ontario, 2011
- J.D., University of Windsor
- B.A., York University
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Ontario)
- Member, Armenian Bar Association
- Member, Young Construction Executives' Club
Varoujan practices commercial litigation, construction lien cases and insurance defence litigation relating to product liability/construction deficiencies. Varoujan appears regularly before the Superior Court of Justice and has also appeared before the Divisional Court for Ontario. Varoujan has been published in several leading legal publications, including the Advocates Quarterly and the Oxford Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice.
Varoujan received his J.D. from the University of Windsor. During his studies, Varoujan served as the Vice-President of Operations for the Students’ Law Society and participated actively in competitive moot competitions. For his contribution to the law school, Varoujan received one of the inaugural West Awards, created in celebration of Professor Leigh West’s retirement and commitment to the Windsor law community. Before attending law school, Varoujan completed a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at York University.
- Arman, Varoujan, Crowne, Emir, and Santelli, Fiorina, “Veiled Prejudice - Caught in the Cross-Examination: The Niqab and Witness Testimony”, Advocates Quarterly (2012) 40:1 Adv. Q. pgs. 121-128
- Arman, Varoujan and Crowne, Emir, and Reid, Terry “ ‘Fully Appreciating’ the Ontario Court of Appeal’s Views on the Summary Judgment Rule: Combined Air Mechanical Services Inc. v. Flesch”, Advocates Quarterly (2012), 39:3 Adv. Q. pgs. 397-407
- Arman, Varoujan, “Claims Against a Non-Party in Lien Actions" Nuts and Bolts, Ontario Bar Association, vol. 25, no. 2, Feb 2012
- Arman, Varoujan and Greenbloom, Todd "New law that limits sales tactics scheduled to take effect soon" 6 June 2011
- Arman, Varoujan and Chernys, Jacqueline, "Supreme Court decides trademark dispute: what it means for your business" 9 Nov 2010
- Arman, Varoujan and Crowne, Emir Aly "Copy-right-brain v Left-brain: the Use of Musicologists in Canadian Copyright Infringement Cases" (2011) 6:9 JIPLP
- Arman, Varoujan and Crowne, Emir Aly, and Reid, Terry "Living Alavida Loca: A Masterpiece of a Decision" online, 27 Jul 2011
- Arman, Varoujan and Crowne, Emir Aly, "Scope of the Patented Medicine Prices Review Boards Authority" (2011) 6:7 JIPLP
- Arman, Varoujan and Crowne, Emir Aly, "Business Methods Patentable in Canada According to Federal Court" (2011) 6:2 JIPLP
This page contains some content that requires additional software to view. To view PDF documents provided on this site you will need a PDF viewer such as Acrobat Reader from Adobe. You can Download Adobe Reader from Adobe for free.