The Aviation Group at Blaney McMurtry provides legal and business advice to members of the aviation community and their insurers.
Members of the Aviation Group have acted in litigation arising out of most major Canadian aviation disasters including the bombing of Air India Flt #182 (1985), the shooting down of Korean Air Lines Flt #007 (1983), and the fire onboard Air Canada Flt#797 forcing an emergency landing in Cincinnati (1983), as well as claims for injury and property damage to scheduled and charter aircraft and private aircraft.
Some of the services we provide include:
- accident litigation
- product liability and carriage claims
- insurance coverage and defence
- contract disputes
- representation in employment disputes, including wrongful termination; discrimination and harassment
- environmental regulation and litigation including cases arising from the shipment, transportation, storage and disposal of hazardous materials
- advising on business transactions and structures
- domestic and international arbitrations
- class proceedings
- finance and leasing
- negotiation and preparation of commercial agreements and debt restructuring
- immigration and negotiation of employment and agency agreements