As of February 6, 2014, visitors to Canada will automatically be considered for multiple-entry temporary resident visas (“TRVs”). A multiple-entry TRV will allow a visitor to enter Canada on multiple occasions, during the validity period of the visa, without having to reapply each time.
The fee for a TRV will also be reduced from $150 CAD to $100 CAD, for the processing of either a single- or multiple-entry visa. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has also increased other temporary resident application fees as of February 6, 2014. These changes include the following:
- There will be a $25 CAD increase for study permits and renewals;
- There will be a $5 CAD increase for work permits and renewals;
- There will be a $25 CAD increase for extensions to remain in Canada as a visitor;
- The maximum fee for a family to apply for TRVs will increase by $100 CAD to $500 CAD; and
- The maximum work permit fee for a group of performing artists and their staff will increase by $15 CAD to $465 CAD.