Blaney McMurtry has an experienced Mining Group which has been involved in all phases of the mining industry. We have special expertise in mining start-ups and going public transactions. Through our TAGLaw partners, we have an extensive network of affiliated law firms which can provide expertise in any area of the world where mining is carried on.
We provide advice in the following areas:
Acquisition, Exploration and Development
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Property Acquisitions and Dispositions Agreements
- Option and Finance Agreements
- Royalty Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
Financings and Stock Exchange Listings
- Initial Public Offerings
- Private Placements
- Bought Deals
- Reverse Takeovers
- TSX, TSX-V and CNSX Listings
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Takeover Bids (friendly and hostile)
- Business Combinations
Compliance and Regulatory Matters
- Corporate Governance
- Related Party Transactions
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Continuous Disclosure
Our Mining Group also works with the firm’s Environmental Law Group in matters relating to mining industry environmental issues. Our environmental lawyers are knowledgeable in all aspects of permitting, mine development and reclamation. Our Mining Group is also supported by other practice areas in the firm such as tax, employment law, litigation, securities and general corporate law.
- Acting for a broker/dealer in a $13,000,000 bought deal private placement for an Ontario gold mining company.
- Acting on the merger/reverse takeover of a TSX-V Capital Pool Company for an oil services company and associated $40,000,000 private placement financing.
- Acting for a broker/dealer in a $8,000,000 private placement for an Ontario gold mining company.
- Acting for an Ontario gold exploration company on its initial public offering and listing on the TSX-V.
- Acting for a base metals mining company in negotiating a joint venture agreement with a major world mining company.
- Acting for a Canadian base metals producer with operations in Thailand in a $14,000,000 private placement.
- Acting for a broker/dealer in a $16,000,000 financing of a Canadian gold producer for the purchase of mining assets in Peru.
- Acting for a base metals mining company in a $25,000,000 private placement.
- Acting on the merger/reverse takeover of a TSX-V listed mining company and associated private placement financing and TSX-V listing application.
- Acting on the initial public offering of the TSX-V Capital Pool Company and completion of its qualifying transaction.
- Acting for an Ontario mining company with operations in Thailand on its initial public offering.
- Acting for a broker/dealer in a $15,000,000 private placement for a US based copper producer.