The Blaney McMurtry corporate insurance practice group assists insurers, reinsurers brokers, adjusters and other insurance industry participants in finding their way through the maze of laws and regulations applying to, not only the field of insurance, but also general business law, in Canada.
We assist in:
- The incorporation, organization and licensing of insurers (Canadian and provincial life, accident and sickness, property and casualty, and reinsurance), brokers and adjusters;
- The entrance of foreign insurers and non-resident agents, brokers and adjusters wishing to enter the Canadian insurance market;
- The insurance regulatory and commercial aspects of mergers and acquisitions, acquiring and selling books of business, demutualization, amalgamations and other corporate reorganizations;
- Managing relations and resolving issues with federal and provincial regulatory authorities;
- Policy form development and providing advice regarding distribution issues;
- Negotiating and drafting various types of commercial contracts that are germane to the industry; and
- Establishing alternative risk transfer and risk retention structures.