Blaney McMurtry’s retail, banking, insurance, direct marketing, e-commerce and other clients of the firm, have historically sought our advice in complying with privacy and industry guidelines applicable to them. Blaney’s professionals have participated in finding solutions to privacy issues and in resolving privacy complaints.
Now, with Public and Private sector privacy laws in effect in every Canadian Jurisdiction, we are available to guide clients in complying with this expanding area of the law.
With a view to facilitating our clients’ businesses and effectively managing privacy risks our Privacy Law Group is available to:
- prepare privacy policies;
- assist in implementation of supporting privacy procedures;
- conduct privacy gap analysis;
- resolve privacy complaints;
- provide opinions on the permissionable collection, use and disclosure of personal information; and
- assist in the event of a data spill or privacy breach