The construction industry in Canada has a rich tradition of innovation, entrepreneurial spirit and teamwork which is second to none.
The members of the Blaney McMurtry Construction Law Group are proud to participate with our many clients in the numerous sectors of the industry that maintain and enhance Canada’s pre-eminent position in the field.
It is our privilege to represent some of the most innovative and dynamic firms in the construction industry, clients who set the standards in their fields. They expect no less from their legal advisors.
"It is our commitment to set the standard for the relationship between lawyers and clients in the construction industry."
Our goal is to provide the best legal support to our clients through:
- a commitment to high quality work delivered in a timely fashion;
- respect for others;
- a sense of obligation to the broader community;
- and, ultimately, a desire to make a difference.
The members of the Construction Law Group have extensive expertise in all facets of the construction industry, including:
- Negotiating and Drafting Construction Agreements
- Representation at all levels of Court, as well as administrative tribunals
- Dispute Resolution, including negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation of construction disputes of all kinds, including deficiency, delay and impact claims, claims arising out of deficient design and bid disputes
- Bond Claims, including claims under bid, performance, payment and financial guarantee bonds
- Payment Claims, including those under the Construction Lien Act and its trust provisions
- Errors and Omissions Claims involving architects and engineers
- Construction Insurance, including subrogated claims
- Labour Relations and Employment matters affecting the industry, including the negotiation and preparation of employment contracts and policies, collective agreements, confidentiality agreements, wrongful dismissal actions, grievance arbitrations and representation before the Ontario and Canada labour relations boards and the Ontario and Canada human rights tribunals, advice and representation on employment standards matters
- Health and Safety issues, including occupational health and safety and advice and claims management under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act
- Environmental issues as they affect construction
- Construction Financing, including construction loan negotiation, administration and enforcement
- Workout/Insolvency matters involving the industry