Mervyn Abramowitz will be speaking at the Law Society of Ontario's program, 'Bankruptcy and Fraud Recovery Law'. The program takes place on November 9th, and will cover topics such as:
- Understanding which interim relief remedies will best prevent dissipation of assets
- Getting updates on the latest enforcement remedies in bankruptcy and receiverships
- Discussing the cost benefits of contempt proceedings versus bankruptcy assignments
- Hearing about the interplay between the regulator’s role, lawyer’s role and trustee’s role
- Learning how to effectively enforce fraud judgments through accounting orders and contempt motions
- Taking a closer look at summary and indictable offences under the Criminal Code
Mervyn's presentation is entitled 'The Lawyer's Role: Advising the Trustee'. For the full agenda, click here.