Talia will be co-chairing the OBA's Environmental Law Mentorship program taking place at Batch Restaurant on Thursday, June 7th in Toronto.
This is a valuable opportunity for young lawyers to make connections with and gain practical guidance from experts in the field of environmental law. Participate in three round tables with senior practitioners to discuss issues common to environmental practice and receive tips on professional development, including:
1. Working with consultants
- Best practices for retaining and managing consultants and experts
- Common pitfalls and characteristics of a reliable expert
- Bridging the gap: effective communication between you and your consultant/expert
2. How to be an effective junior
- Hear from senior environmental lawyers about the skills they most want their junior colleagues to develop
- Ask questions about career development and how to succeed
3. Environmental practice growth and transitions
- How to manage a hybrid practice and how to find a home within your workplace’s structure
- Guidance on whether a hybrid or focused practice is right for you
- Making the most of the small environmental law community
- The pros and cons of private, public and in-house practice
Find details and register on the OBA website, here.