As chair of the Blaney’s Labour and Employment Department, Bill’s 25 years of experience has led to an expertise in complex labour, human rights and employment matters.
Employers and executives look to Bill for advice and direction with their union problems, employment contracts, certification drives, collective agreements, terminations, and wrongful dismissal litigation. His practice extends to corporate compliance and merger and acquisition work for American and Canadian multinationals. Bill is particularly involved in industries relating to the retail, construction, security and health care.
Bill is a passionate advocate for his clients and regularly appears before the Ontario Labour Relations Board, the Canada Industrial Relations Board, our Superior Courts, the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal and private arbitrators.
Recent successes include:
- Dismissal of Application for Certification;
- Sale of Insurance Company;
- Dismissal of large multi-party Human Rights Complaint;
- Negotiation of Executive’s Severance Package;
- Interest Arbitration in Aviation Sector;
- Mass lay-off in unionized corporate restructuring.